What is Pilates?
Most people hear Pilates and instantly think core, which is great but it is so much more than that. Pilates is a full body workout that can be done on the equipment — the reformer, trapeze table, wunda chair and ladder barrel or on the mat with the small apparatus. Joseph Pilates created his method in the 1920s and it is something that has continued to develop into the method we know it as today. With his ideas of creating uniformity within the body to reduce injury and keeping you moving well for life, along with the 6 Pilates principles of centering, concentration, control, precision, breath and flow are the foundations upon which the Pilates method is designed around. We have then taken different elements of functional science and brought that into our Pilates workouts to give you the best classes possible.
Why do Pilates at Panacea?
- We keep our classes small, like really small — only 3 people per class.
- Because of that small class size we can create and adapt the to class you and what you want to do that day. Not everyone in the room doing the same thing at the same time, it is completely specific to you and your needs or goals that you want to achieve.
- You tell us what you want to achieve and we do our best to make that happen — you want to get more flexible so you can reach your toes? Want to work to get the best abs of your life? Or get rid of a back injury that has been driving you crazy for far too long? We will do our best to make sure you are getting exactly what you want from your classes.
- We work with men and women of all ages and again we can give you the workout you want, from a super intense sweat dripping workout to I'm here to just stretch for an hour, we don't mind cause we want you to be satisfied with your class.
- We like to make it stress free, fun and the most enjoyable workout you will ever do.
Monday — 6:30am, 7:30 am, 9am, 10am, 11am, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm,
Tuesday — 9am, 10am, 11am, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm
Wednesday — 6:30am, 7:30 am, 9am, 10am, 11am
Thursday — 9am, 10am, 11am, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm,
Friday — 6:30am, 7:30 am, 9am, 10am
Saturday — 9am, 10am, 11am
Places in classes subject to availability.
Pricing and Booking
Well, now your convinced you must do classes with us what next?
If you haven't done any Pilates before we get you in for a one on one session — this includes a postural assessment, a chat about any past injuries and what your goals are and then teach you some of the basics. From there you can join our small group classes or if you prefer to we can also do private sessions.
When coming in for class you will want to wear something comfortable and easy to move. We do also ask you wear socks for all Pilates sessions.
Booking in for classes can be organised by your instructor, through the website or app. You can easily book week by week or have permanent times booked for each week.
I now hear you ask, but how often should I be doing these amazing classes? It is really dependant on the individual but generally 2 times a week is great or more. 1 a week is fine too it just means progress is a little slower.